Community Assistance Resources
After School Activities
- Visit participating Denver Public Libraries for games, crafts, science experiments, cooking, puzzles, magic, music and a lot more! From art and dance to culture and food, these programs will amaze and entertain you.
1310 W 10th Ave, Denver, CO 80204
- Therapeutic poetry workshops for youth| facilitating expression| connection and healing to release negative thought processes and encourage transformation through the creative power of words
3400 W 38th Ave #200, Denver, CO 80211
- Established in 1974, ArtReach, Inc. is a Colorado 501(c)(3) nonprofit charitable organization serving arts, cultural and human service organizations. ArtReach is the only organization in the Denver area that exists to ensure people of all ages who struggle with physical, mental, behavioral or severe economic challenges have an opportunity to experience arts and culture. ArtReach works with area schools, member agencies, cultural facilities, numerous foundations and supporters to bring the arts into the lives of children, young adults and seniors. With the assistance of over 350 organizations we are able to give the gift of the arts to 50,000 people every year in our community.
1079 Osage St, Denver, CO 80204
- Youth 11-18 can participate in Physical Arts| Visual Arts| Video Mapping through Global Positioning| and Open Studio with mentors for art of your choice.
5000 E Alameda Ave, Denver, CO 80246
- First class musical instruction in instrumental performance and in voice to students of all ages throughout the Metro Area.
2400 Central Park Blvd, Denver, CO 80238
- Bladium welcomes kids, with an array of fitness and sports programs, camps, birthday parties, and other activities.
6240 Smith Road, Denver, CO 80216
- Quality before & afterschool age care daily for children 6-12. Activities include arts| crafts| science| math| music| language| and meal services. Program is open during school breaks.
1620 E, 36th Ave., Denver, CO 80205
- cityWILD’ After School Program is offered four afternoons a week for students, and is held on-site at cityWILD facilities. During programming, 30-45 minutes is dedicated for students to do homework and/or participate in educational activities such as trivia games, chess/checkers and crossword puzzles. Each day has different programmatic focus opposite to homework;
- Life Skills – cityWILD students participate in experiential lessons around skills such as financial education and management, drug/alcohol/tobacco prevention, health and nutrition, etc. Lessons from Life Skills are translated to outdoor activities and vice-versa.
- Service Learning – cityWILD utilizes the EarthForce 6-step process for service learning. Students identify issues in their neighborhood, investigate them, and come to consensus on what issues to address. After deciding on the issue they wish to address for the year, students create a project that will create sustainable, positive change for their neighborhood.
- Outdoor Education – cityWILD students learn about a variety of outdoor activities throughout the course of the year and the skills they need to participate in them such as knot tying and belaying for rock climbing. Students also learn additional skills to help them in them be safe and succeed in the outdoors. These skills include but are not limited to; Leave No Trace principles, First Aid, Hydration, and Water Treatment.
- Outdoor Activity – One day a week students get to participate in activities to practice the skills they have learned in Outdoor Education, and prepare for more expansive trips into the field through cityWILD’s Weekend Adventures and Summer Expeditions. Activities that student participate in include but are not limited to rock climbing, white water rafting, hiking, biking, and swimming.
119 Park Ave. West, Denver, CO 80205
- Professional multi-cultural dance-arts institution dedicated to providing instruction| performances and programs for students
2420 W 26th Ave. Suite 350-D, Denver, CO 80211
- Participants receive instruction in choral singing and performing.
216 S Grant St., Denver, CO 80209
- A year-long program for youth| ages 10-18 that engages them in instrumental music and performance.
888 E Iliff Ave., Denver, CO 80210
909 N York St., Denver, CO 80206
- The Gardens offers a wide variety of opportunities for children and families to explore plants and the natural world.
1101 13th St., Denver, CO 80204
- Available for kids 3 to 18, our classes offer beginning to advanced acting lessons, and cover everything from beginning acting to singing to stage combat. Much more than performing arts skills, our expert instructors help children build confidence, critical thinking skills and creativity in a fun, energetic and dynamic environment.
1240 West Bayaud St. Denver, CO 80223
- Provides a variety of youth recreational| educational| and athletic programs for youngsters ages 5-14.
1385 S. Colorado Blvd. Suite A-722, Denver, CO 80222
- The Conservatory Orchestra and String Ensemble provide high-level music training to young musicians ages 8-17| preparing them for positions the advance-level DYAO.
2300 Steele St., Denver, CO 80205
- Various programming for children and youth at the Zoo or in schools.
14460 E 50th Ave., Denver, CO 80216
- ELK offers a selection of science and natural resource programs to public and private schools| youth organizations| home school groups and other community-based groups in Colorado.
3801 E Florida Ave, Denver, CO 80222
- Try new things. Make new friends. Go on more adventures than you can count. With us, there’s a whole world of new opportunities waiting for you.
1515 Race St., Denver, CO 80206
- A year-round weekend program for young writers| ages 10-18| that engages them in various forms of creative writing| including poetry| fiction| nonfiction| and screenplays.
700 Kalamath st.
- Open Media Generation is a free, weekly after-school program for Denver Metro youth ages 11-18 and young adults ages 19-21 are welcome to join as peer leaders. The program is designed to involve students in community activism, organizing and social justice issues while learning to powerfully use video and new media production skills.
2400 Curtis Street Suite 100, Denver, CO 80205
- Introduces youth to the world of art and provides a chance for youth to participate in intensive workshops led by master artists.
4130 Tejon St. Suite C, Denver, CO 80211
- Provide effective culturally-relevant violence prevention education victim identification and counseling services.
1301 E Colfax Ave, Denver, CO 80218
- Drop-in center for GLBT with youth-led events and activities.
430 W 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80204
- World-class music program with progressive choirs.
- A 9 month program for youth| ages 6-12 that engages them in sports| chess| table games| and after school snacks. Tutoring is also available.
- Ages 11-18. Classes in critical decision making and emotional intelligence.
- Ages 5-18 learn to care for and ride horses
7711 E Academy Blvd #1, Denver, CO 80230
(303)-360-5360 Ext. 106