Someone one said,”Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.” A book can take you to another place, another world, another culture; it can allow you to experience life through someone else’s eyes, and see things in a way that you never have before. World Book Day was yesterday, and in honor of that, Denver RAP has compiled a list of our all time favorite books for teens and young adults.
- The Anne of Green Gables Series- These novels follow the adventures of the spirited redhead Anne Shirley as she gets into scrapes, and learns about life.
- The Harry Potter Series- The adventures of a teenage boy, and friends at the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Harry, Ron and Hermione must master their craft and battle the machinations of the evil wizard Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
- To Kill a Mockingbird- Explores racial tensions in Alabama through the eyes of 6-year-old Scout Finch.
- Looking for Alaska- A book about the search for answers about life and death after a fatal car crash.
- Lord of the Flies- A group of young boys, marooned on an island, work to create their own society.